Here are some helpful moving tips that will help ease the stress associated with moving and relocating.
- The more organised you are the quicker and smoother your move will be
- Purchase packing supplies: boxes/tape/pens/bubble wrap
- Focus on one room at a time
- Involve your friends/relatives/kids in packing
- Moving is a great time to de-clutter and to throw out any unused items.
- Pack an emergency box: items you will require on the day of your move.
- Dismantle your beds
- Disconnect any electrical appliances and hoses
- Fridges must be emptied
- Freezers of a standard size may be left full
- Boxes should be clearly marked: Room it belongs to and if it’s fragile or heavy
- Unless solid heavy wood (marri, jarrah etc) chest of drawers may be left full
- If storing items; keep any old blankets and sheets for wrapping your items while in storage; put teabags in the fridge, washer and freezer to prevent mould
- We prefer any valuables to be taken by the customer
- Disconnect and reconnect your utilities
- Change all mailing address for subscriptions, memberships, schools, bank, driver and vehicle services, government agencies, doctors and day care